Monday, December 12, 2011

21 Weeks Picture :)

Sharing the picture I took the other day of me 21 1/2 weeks along.


How Far along:
21 weeks 3 days




Activity/Movement:
Very active baby, several times a day. Especially at night when I lie down. I can't get anything done because all I want to do is watch my belly. I can see very defined kicks, poking at my belly. It is very very cool.  The other night when I was lying down, I swear the baby was doing gymnastics! My husband came in and got to feel a kick and got to see several of them too. It is so much fun :)


Birth Plan, etc:
I had an appointment with my midwives on Saturday morning. Everything looks good so far. Baby's heartbeat was around 145bpm.. after they poked around and woke it up.. lol




Diet/Nutrition:

Biggest concern right now is getting my iron up. My hemoglobin is low and my blood pressure is in the "Low-Normal" range.. This time it was like 105/70. Not extremely bad, but I definitely need to get my iron up. I don't want to have issues down the road.




Other Experiences:
The other day I was having really bad leg cramps. It was terrible. It started in my ankle, below my chin, and when I went to stretch my foot and stretch the muscle, my calf balled up in a horrible charlie horse. The only thing I could do to get that to go away was to point my foot back up, which in turn aggravated the front muscles again. ARGH!! It was awful. I just about screamed. Finally got that to go away. Only to get it again that night. I came running out of the bedroom to the living room and just stuck my leg up on my husband's lap and had him start rubbing my calf. I never want those again! lol. My midwife suggested I take Cal-Mag supplement. Supposed to help balance out your levels of calcium and magnesium and help not to get leg cramps. So far so good for the last 2 days. My goal is to get these things under control now, so that I reduce any potential issues down the road or during labor. Last thing I want is to deal with leg cramps during labor!

Well.. off to crochet. I have people wanting to buy up for Christmas gifts so I need to get my little crochet hands on the move!

No comments: